What breed of Cochin is my roo?

Tonya Hamlet

In the Brooder
Aug 31, 2021
Can anybody help me figure out what breed my Cochin Bantam rooster is, please? When i bought my 5 bantam chics, all the tag said was "Assorted Bantams." I have already figured out the others, but he is puzzling me, lol. At first, i thought he was a Millie Fluer, but now Golden Laced maybe? Help plz WGI_0230.JPG WGI_0236.JPG WGI_0102.JPG WGI_0186.JPG WGI_0113.JPG

Bantam Gold laced cochin.
Thank you so much, when he was a little chic, he had a lot of white and kinda looked like a speckled sussex. That's what made me think Millie Fluer, but the older he got the color and pattern changed and left me puzzled. The rest is a Black Rosecomb rooster, and Black Bearded Silkies, but i'm not sure if the silkies are roosters or hens yet. Their 5 months old now and the cochin (Jessie) keeps trying to mount the silkies, so does that mean they're hens? They're not crowing or laying yet like the others are, and their all the same age.

Thank you so much, when he was a little chic, he had a lot of white and kinda looked like a speckled sussex. That's what made me think Millie Fluer, but the older he got the color and pattern changed and left me puzzled. The rest is a Black Rosecomb rooster, and Black Bearded Silkies, but i'm not sure if the silkies are roosters or hens yet. Their 5 months old now and the cochin (Jessie) keeps trying to mount the silkies, so does that mean they're hens? They're not crowing or laying yet like the others are, and their all the same age.
Pictures of the silkies?

He's a bantam cochin. ;)

But if you mean variety, he's gold laced. :D
Thank you, i have spent hours on top of hours on the internet trying to identify them all. He was the last one, of my bantams, i wasn't sure about. Now i guess i just have to wait a little longer to see if my bantam silkies crow or lay eggs. All my bantams are the same age (5 mo.) silkies are the only ones i haven't figured out the gender on yet, and from what iv'e read they take a little longer to mature (crow or lay)

The one silkie pictured is a pullet.
Thank you, i know Jessie (cochin) keeps biting the back of it's neck, trying to do his thing, and it squalls and runs trying to get away from him. So i figured at least one of them was a hen. I'm getting ready to move Jessie to the big coop, with the bigger girls, cause they're already laying and i read it's better on the girls to use a smaller, lighter weight rooster to breed, but i'm just not sure if they'll hurt him because he's smaller, any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom