What Breed Of Rabbit?

My rabbit was a rescue as a little baby. He is considered "dwarf." I think he is about 4 pounds. He is also just a mixed breed. I also recommend taking him/her inside if you can. Our guy lives in a dog crate with plenty of toys and places to hide and jump in. His litter box never smells, but I also clean it every day without fail. We are also going to be building a second level in the crate for him as our lives keep getting crazier and with having 2 cats he can't run around unsupervised! Just some thoughts. I understand if you grandpa won't let the bun in though.
He/she is inside in a large doggy crate in the basement of my grandpa's house right now. It's temporary, unless he let's us keep it indoors.

He has a pet cat, also. She hasn't hurt a chick.

Awesome! We have one cat who would eat our bun for sure. Our bun tries to eat the other cat, lol!
At the beginning the cat was interested in trying to get a chick, but now she leaves them alone when I have them out.

A rabbit might scare her, so she'd probably leave it alone.

Have y'all come up with a name for him or her?

Oh, and if you were wondering about the gender it'll be pretty easy to tell if it's an adult male. Bucks have balls and does don't. If it's not an adult then you can gently put a bit of pressure around their vent and this is what it will look like. Top one is a buckling and the bottom one is a doeling
20210720_202606.jpg

I recommend that you read their article and watch a few vidoes before trying this yourself though.
https://www.raising-rabbits.com/sexing-rabbits.html

You could also have the vet do it for you. It would be best to get him/her to the vet anyways for a checkup. I also highly recommend that you get him/her fixed. This will make him even calmer than he already is and it'll help a lot with litter training. And rabbits around the age of 3 to 8 months can be quite hormonal and territorial, which will pretty go away if you get him fixed. Plus, you won't have to worry about any pregnancies if you decide to get a second rabbit at any point.

Have y'all come up with a name for him or her?

Oh, and if you were wondering about the gender it'll be pretty easy to tell if it's an adult male. Bucks have balls and does don't. If it's not an adult then you can gently put a bit of pressure around their vent and this is what it will look like. Top one is a buckling and the bottom one is a doeling
View attachment 2767770
I recommend that you read their article and watch a few vidoes before trying this yourself though.
https://www.raising-rabbits.com/sexing-rabbits.html

You could also have the vet do it for you. It would be best to get him/her to the vet anyways for a checkup. I also highly recommend that you get him/her fixed. This will make him even calmer than he already is and it'll help a lot with litter training. And rabbits around the age of 3 to 8 months can be quite hormonal and territorial, which will pretty go away if you get him fixed. Plus, you won't have to worry about any pregnancies if you decide to get a second rabbit at any point.
This is helpful.

We'll leave the Spay, or neuter upto my sister unless she decides to breed the rabbit for meat.

Back
Top Bottom