What breed of Turkey are these big guys?

WildThang

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 10, 2014
Tennessee
We have had these Turkey's sense May of 2014, The silver turkey's are Blue Slates, however we are still confused what kind of Bronze turkey's these are? If anyone can help us with this that would be greatfully appriciated.

Last edited:
Not really sure they don't like to be picked up. The younge ones next to the female and the male brown turkeys are only a couple months younger and still seem to be growing. So I'm not sure about how much any of them weigh they just don't like to be picked up.

So the turkeys were semi cooperative and I have some weights
bronze male 40lbs (5 months old)
bronze female 25lbs (5 months old)
blue slate male 15lbs (4ish months old)
blue slate female 12lbs (4ish months old) she was teeny tiny as a baby always much smaller than the male
Side by side they don't seem all that much different in size than the blues. Their attitude however is day and night....the blues are little bastages. LOL
I really dont want to butcher the bronze ones as they are sooo sweet :c I hope against hope they are not BBB
The bronze both walk normally and will come runnin if they see the magic red treat bucket.

Last edited:

I hate to say it, but i would to rather give them up then do the deed. They're so well mannered and very gentle. You can get down and hug them. They obviously don't want you doing it. But they will just try to easily walk away. Almost like they don't want to knock you over. LOL Cause they're so strong they could just rip away but their very at ease about it.

Back
Top Bottom