1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What breed or breeds do you think??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Wendyba29, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Wendyba29

Wendyba29 Out Of The Brooder

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Any ideas as to what breeds? They came from medium size white eggs. They are between full size and banty size chickens, maybe weigh about 2-3 lbs.

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

They look like Easter Eggers and/or Ameraucana-type crosses. Definitely crossbreeds, I'd say. White eggs confuse me, though. Could be leghorn or another white egg laying breed as the mother and an Easter Egger as the father.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  3. Wendyba29

What really confused me is some have feather legs sand some have clean, also some have the beards and some don't! So they are really mixed up!!

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I think you just got yourself some fun crossbreed birds, Wendy. Nothing wrong with that!

5. reallemons1

reallemons1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Gloucester, VA
    He is cute. Love the comb. I think he may be a Thisinthat.

6. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    That comb cracks me up!

7. bloomnbeauty

bloomnbeauty Delux Cluxs

Sep 16, 2008
    N Florida
    I have some of those..lol Got eggs from ebay. They were a cross between White Crested Black Polish roo and several breed hens. Some have crests, some don't. Some have muffs others do not. Weird looking chickens!

8. LoveMyPeeps

LoveMyPeeps Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I have never seen a comb like that!! [​IMG]

9. Wendyba29

[​IMG]
    Here's a newer picture of mu Roo "Doorman" When he was hatching he had a little flap on his shell that he would push out and then close like a little door. He did that for about 30 minutes! Here's some more pics of his sisters
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    One more of Doorman to show him off, My husband says he's obsessed with me he follows me everywhere!![​IMG]

10. mikarod

mikarod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I'm sorry but I honestly laugh every time I look at that hen! LOL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by