What breed?

What breed is this pls....do they easily go broody? I need chicks
IMG_20180808_071713.jpg

So the top 2 here is the chicken that I thought was a brown leghorn but lays green eggs and the bottom 2 are the one that I thought was a RIR but has white ear lobes.
Got the chickens from Murray McMurray in April. Just starting to lay now.
Let me know if you have more questions.
As you can see I have several different breeds. I got the choice layer assortment, so not really sure what I got, just guessing on my end.
IMG-1532.JPG
IMG-1534.JPG
IMG-1526.JPG
IMG-1531.JPG

Attachments

• IMG-1532.JPG
    IMG-1532.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 1
1. Do you mean RIR? If so, they shouldn't. The bird is likely either a different breed, a mix, or has a genetic flaw of some sort. But I suppose it could be possible.
2. There are varieties of Easter Eggers that are colored and patterned similarly to Brown Leghorns. There are both bearded and non-bearded varieties as well.

I did Mean RIR, sorry about that typo. I have posted a few pictures now.
Thanks

Here is another one for you. I really like this chicken. very friendly, I just have no clue what she is. anyone care to venture a guess?
IMG-1536.JPG

Red bird with white earlobes is probably a Red leghorn, McMurray has those. Does it lay white eggs? The "Brown Leghorn" has to be an easter egger that looks a lot like a BL, it might also be a whiting true green, McMurray has them both. I am not sure what the 3rd one is, my grandpa has some of those, he does not know what they are either.

Red bird with white earlobes is probably a Red leghorn, McMurray has those. Does it lay white eggs? The "Brown Leghorn" has to be an easter egger that looks a lot like a BL, it might also be a whiting true green, McMurray has them both. I am not sure what the 3rd one is, my grandpa has some of those, he does not know what they are either.

I am not sure the red leghorn is laying yet (at least I haven't seen her lay yet.)

Back
Top Bottom