Aug 13, 2019
SC
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hi! I’m new to BYC and I have no idea what breed any of my chicks are. We got them at tractor supply about 2 weeks ago. They said they didn’t know the breed because the signs were mixed up. Could anybody tell me what breed these little ones are? Some of them are a little hard to to see because it’s dark where I am.

Welcome to BYC, eggcited to have you here with us.

not an expert on that particular feature but the feathered feet one is most likely a silkie, the red one is A Rhode Island red, most likely the one with barring is a barred rock the one with the crest is most likely a polish breed

It will help greatly to photograph them under regular light. Colors will be able to be viewed better. Also, allow them to stand and take a pic from the side - their stance can be helpful in ID as well.
Sorry I was gone for a while. HEre are the pictures:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 8
View attachment 1902259 View attachment 1902260 View attachment 1902261 View attachment 1902262 View attachment 1902259 View attachment 1902260 Hi! I’m new to BYC and I have no idea what breed any of my chicks are. We got them at tractor supply about 2 weeks ago. They said they didn’t know the breed because the signs were mixed up. Could anybody tell me what breed these little ones are? Some of them are a little hard to to see because it’s dark where I am.
Sorry I was gone for a while. HEre are the pictures:

The 3rd & 4th are barred rocks, thinking 5th is a cream legbar but not sure tractor supply would have those since they’re a little more expensive but mine has the same Mohawk. Last one possibly a maran with the feathered feet. Can’t figure out what the first one could be.

6AFAED57-58A7-42E1-9E9D-E4EF043C923F.jpeg not an expert on that particular feature but the feathered feet one is most likely a silkie, the red one is A Rhode Island red, most likely the one with barring is a barred rock the one with the crest is most likely a polish breed[/QUOTE]

Don’t think the one with the crest is a polish. This is my 3 week old polish bantam.

View attachment 1902660 not an expert on that particular feature but the feathered feet one is most likely a silkie, the red one is A Rhode Island red, most likely the one with barring is a barred rock the one with the crest is most likely a polish breed

Don’t think the one with the crest is a polish. This is my 3 week old polish bantam.[/QUOTE]
Honestly I know most of them, but the one with the crest has got me puzzled. Tractor supply said that it wasn’t a polish, so I don’t know what it could be. Thanks for the help though!

CBEF78B4-9A95-4270-969E-FA6BA49D4018.jpeg
Don’t think the one with the crest is a polish. This is my 3 week old polish bantam.
Honestly I know most of them, but the one with the crest has got me puzzled. Tractor supply said that it wasn’t a polish, so I don’t know what it could be. Thanks for the help though![/QUOTE]

Bonus if you ended up with a cream legbar! Mines sweet and will eventually lay light blue to light green eggs. 7 weeks. (I have quite a few breeds, laying, 7 weeks & 3 bantams at 3 weeks)

Bonus if you ended up with a cream legbar! Mines sweet and will eventually lay light blue to light green eggs. 7 weeks. (I have quite a few breeds, laying, 7 weeks & 3 bantams at 3 weeks)[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome! But they are on The rare side so I don’t think tractor supply would have them like you said. In a few weeks I’ll send more pictures to see if it’s easier to tell the breed. Thanks for all the help again!!

Back
Top Bottom