What breed?

Sclark0012

Songster
Dec 14, 2020
I got this hen a little while ago from someone who was rehoming her. I though she might be a black australorp, but I'm not 100% sure. Any guesses? She has a green with a little purple sheen in the sun. TIA!

Attachments

• 20210426_184213.jpg
    20210426_184213.jpg
    675.2 KB · Views: 9
She is a mix...maybe a black australorp and EE. What color does she lay?
I really don't know. I have 16 hens and haven't caught her laying yet. It's either a light tan or an almost white egg or an extremely light tan. I wish I knew more. The lady I got her from didn't know anything about them or what breeds they were 🙁

I also didnt know if combs played a part because hers is small and bubbly. I do for sure have a black australorp, and she is smaller than this one with a bigger comb.
Well, australorps have a straight comb and EEs have a pea comb...she may or may not be an EE mix though, but I don’t think she is 100% australorp

Well, australorps have a straight comb and EEs have a pea comb...she may or may not be an EE mix though, but I don’t think she is 100% australorp
Thank you! She was attacked by one of their ducks, too. So it may be possible she is half EE. I have 1 mint green egg layer, don't know who, but i didnt get one until 2 weeks after I brought her home. I had pullets that started laying at that time too, and i think i may have a starlight green egger. I got them from rural king in the golden comet bin, and they got mixed up somehow. I think i need a camera in there to catch which chicken lays what egg 🤣

Back
Top Bottom