what breed ?

Maybe a sapphire gem rooster? They arent too Big as from what I’ve had but I’ve only had one (another growing )

I'm looking into getting another rooster, not to large as they will crush my silkies but not to small to be hawk bait and i want them colorful :barnie, does anything like this exist?
Bantam Cochins and true Ameraucanas are both great roosters, can be colorful, and a bit smaller! I have both and they do fine with my silkies. 😁

I‘ve asked about Onyx before, but I don’t think the answers I got took her later development into account. She’s between 12 and 13 weeks old, and was sold as a New Jersey Giant. In the picture of her standing, she’s right next to one of my BC Marans, which she looks exactly like, except the naked, slate-colored legs. Absolutely my least friendly bird too. She’s smaller and thinner than most of my flock, very compact. Any ideas?

Attachments

• DA9A5E7C-9C06-40DD-89A8-E11E0715B0A0.jpeg
    DA9A5E7C-9C06-40DD-89A8-E11E0715B0A0.jpeg
    488.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 44B64411-2004-4541-AB41-7F8AE34703A3.jpeg
    44B64411-2004-4541-AB41-7F8AE34703A3.jpeg
    578.8 KB · Views: 2
I‘ve asked about Onyx before, but I don’t think the answers I got took her later development into account. She’s between 12 and 13 weeks old, and was sold as a New Jersey Giant. In the picture of her standing, she’s right next to one of my BC Marans, which she looks exactly like, except the naked, slate-colored legs. Absolutely my least friendly bird too. She’s smaller and thinner than most of my flock, very compact. Any ideas?
I'm no expert, but she looks like your Marans...it's sometimes possible to have a clean-legged version although rare here in the US. She also looks sort of like a black sex link, although I think the legs are the wrong color. I am certainly not the best person to ask, but you will know when she lays an egg if she's a Marans or something else! :)

I'm no expert, but she looks like your Marans...it's sometimes possible to have a clean-legged version although rare here in the US. She also looks sort of like a black sex link, although I think the legs are the wrong color. I am certainly not the best person to ask, but you will know when she lays an egg if she's a Marans or something else! :)
I wondered about that. When I look at her side by side with the other marans the eye size and color are different, which could be variation within the breed.

Back
Top Bottom