What breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by roosterjerry, Mar 26, 2009.

1. roosterjerry

roosterjerry Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2009
    Rineyville,KY
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Any know or they just mutts?

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    top looks like a production red.

Blue looks like an OEG mix. Pretty

Bottom looks lie an OEG

3. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    hard to tell without seeing a standing side view to be able to examine their "Type", body shape, leg color, etc.. But the bottom is a game, Be it OEG or american i don't know but she resembles a American brownred more then the OEG's.. blue im not sure on, neither the other

4. okiehen

okiehen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2007
    Oklahoma
    #1 production red
    #2 blue Andalusian
    #3 American game, I have a brown red hen that is her twin.

5. roosterjerry

Feb 24, 2009
    Rineyville,KY
    When I got them I was told that the top Red one was the mother hen and the rest were her chicks. It is apparent they don't all look alike I have 4 of the Black/red 1 blue one 1 red one and the red hen.

6. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

I say the first one is a New Hampshire red. Most all the production reds I have seen have lots of white under feathers. [​IMG] She looks like my Bessy. [​IMG]

7. roosterjerry

Feb 24, 2009
    Rineyville,KY
    O.K. call me stoopid [​IMG] there is a lot more to this than I thought. I just went out to check once again the sexes of my bunch. I always just guessed the two with the larger combs were roos. This time I looked at the feet and saw only 1 with spurs. So I take that is my only Rooster. That also is the one that I thought was the broody hen:/.He never seems to leave the laying box but when I move him to get at the eggs. So what do I have here a broody Roo? Do roo's sit on eggs? Now that I left some eggs in to hatch there is also a hen in there with him.

8. greenthumb89

greenthumb89 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    pulaski wisconsin
    hens can have spurs also...

9. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    Quote:Can you post pictures of your possible roos? I've never heard of a rooster that sits on eggs - maybe they are all hens.

10. FrizzleFreak

FrizzleFreak Chillin' With My Peeps

Unless it's a silkie, it's probably not a roo. [​IMG] Silkie roos WILL sit on eggs, funniest thing ever. They'll baby sit chicks too.
    He might be hurt, or he might be low on the pecking order. If so, there just happen to be eggs there.
    1)production red
    2)blue game type, not sure american or OEG.
    3)bottom right: black breasted red female game, middle brown red female game.
    roo pics?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by