What breed?

nice that there are so many colors of coturnix to choose from.

white coturnix quail are my favorite. followed closely by red tuxedos- man, they are sharp, then red (british) ranges, then I like, ugh, I'm confused, the italians/red heads/manchurians? they are very pretty but smaller imho. at least mine are.
I have about 20 birds now. mostly whites., I believe the whites are the only larger sized birds that I have, I have 5 of them over 12+ weeks old now, from several sources, they would strip a young water buffalo in 3 days.
I have a scale, I am not afraid to use it, but it Errors out at 300g, ~10.75 oz, I have 3 birds that will E out the scale, but just barely. At ~8 wks, they were pushing just 225g = ~8oz., those same 3 birds all lay eggs around 13-15 grams regularly.

here is one.

67513_p1030214.jpg

sound fair?

Quote:
thanks, me too, that is the one thing I note about her all the time. she has got a hook to her look. but she is getting on in age, lol, at least 12+ weeks now, I got her and 4-5 others back around May 1, and they had just started laying for the breeder. The breeder was kind and let me stare and pick my last bird out of all her breeders, and I snagged her up. it was a good trade.

Quote:
thanks, me too, that is the one thing I note about her all the time. she has got a hook to her look. but she is getting on in age, lol, at least 12+ weeks now, I got her and 4-5 others back around May 1, and they had just started laying for the breeder. The breeder was kind and let me stare and pick my last bird out of all her breeders, and I snagged her up. it was a good trade.

That's a fine looking bird... Are the rest of your whites like that?

Quote:

no sir, not yet, but she is one of the 2-3 that will be asked to pass on their genes. just what we like here. and with luck we can bring it along.
so far, there are 2 females that we will be using (same look) and I am growing up several others now. One of them looks promising- larger, all white with the dark spot on beak- like that look too- but dont know if you can get that too stick or not.

Quote:

Model A...talked with post office today...they will truck to Gainesville once again so I will grow out some birds for you
smile.png
at least so they can sustain the trip
wink.png

Quote:
From one of my favorite movies of all time...
thumbsup.gif
Bill

ta-tanka, ta-tanka...

Sunkmanitu Tanka Ob Waci

Back
Top Bottom