What Breed?

Here's a link to a hatchery with pics of grown turkey toms.....

http://www.cacklehatchery.com/turkeypage.html

He doesn't look like a wild turkey or any of the ones on the link exactly so I'd say you probably have a cross of two breeds.... where did you get him?

His tail feather coloring is what throws me off a bit..... otherwise I would have said he was a narragansett....

Look at the pics and tell me which you think he is? lol He's a handsome fella....
love.gif

~Tammy

I think he is a Bronze Breasted and a Blue Slate cross. Becasue ther was a hen that looked like a blue slate that was with him. I drive by where they were from and I do see blues and ones that look like BBB or Narragansett.

I am just wondering becuase I was told a BBB over 25 lbs looses fertility. So I didnt know if I had to get a new tom or what.

Looks like it might have Royal Palm in there to me...

Feel his breast area. If the bottom feels flat and bulky, I would get another tom. If the sides slope up like a larger version of a chicken, he should be good. I don't think the weight affects fertility as much as it affects the breeding capability. Broad Breasted Bronze and Broad Breasted White simply can't get close enough to do the deed...

Back
Top Bottom