What breed ?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by konachicks, Nov 2, 2014.

1. konachicks

konachicks Chillin' With My Peeps

So there has been some debate if these are Ameraucana or some other breed. I've tried to get some more pics that might help?[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. konachicks

While holding them today I saw tiny little pea combs.

3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I'm not sure that they are Ameraucanas, or at least not great quality. Ameraucanas usually have more prominent muffs and beard (one of these in particular is lacking in that area, at least from the photos).

When they lay, we may know better. If they are true Ameraucanas, they should lay blue eggs.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  4. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    If they have pea combs, then they are probably Easter Eggers. They don't have enough of a muff and beard to be purebred Ameraucanas (or at least good quality ones).

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Agreed.

6. konachicks

@BantamLover21 We Bought them under the assumption they were EE. But when I posted some pics people were saying no. Then I posted a pic of their mama and people said ameracauna so I'm so confused lol we love them no Matter what they are but I'd love to know for sure in case someone asks me lol here is the pic of their mama. Also it seems like they are starting to grow more feathers. The one my daughter is not holding has some starting to puff out by her ears. But yea neither seem to have beards lol[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by