What breeds am I mixed with?!?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by WhiteMountainsRanch, Nov 22, 2010.

1. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Here is my rescue German Shepherd mix. I've had him almost 2 years now. What do you all think he is mixed with? He came off a near-by Indian reservation and has A LOT of wild tendencies, including hunting. I want so bad to do the DNA testing, I just haven't had the spare cash yet... So gimme your ideas! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BlacksheepCardigans

BlacksheepCardigans Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2010
    Southeast NH
    A whole bunch. Most dogs I've seen come off established reservations are mixed to the core - shepherdy-retrievery-chowy-husky-pitty and add as many more as you'd like. They all look like him, some larger some smaller.

I think the dog DNA tests are a waste of money - he looks like a good dog and the fact that his conformation is so plain and moderate (think "grade" horse) shows that the many mixes came out pretty well.

3. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    I see german shepard and there is something about his eyes/face....I think his eye/face look like husky.

4. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    He looks like what we call around here a 'Farm Dog'. A mix of popular breeds of the area and other mixed breed dogs. If he's a good one, he's a good one.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  5. boykin2010

boykin2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2010
    South Georgia
    husky little rottweiler pitbull possibly some chow and australian shepherd. my grandpa has a australian shepherd that looks almost exactly like that. i think the aus. shepherd was crossed with a lab and chow mix. i think that i what he is too. should be a good dog......

6. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Another vote for "a whole bunch" [​IMG]

I have read that the DNA testing is pretty unreliable. Personally I'd save my money for something useful [​IMG]

Good luck, have fun, handsome dog [​IMG]

Pat

7. lasergrl

lasergrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Middlefield Ohio
    I think I see some rottie in his skull. Rottie mixes also tend toward that sable color. I would guess either rottie husky or rottie shep with a bunch of other stuff mixed in.

8. Crazyland

Crazyland Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2009
    Sandhills NC
    I vote for shepherd and husky.

9. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    Total mix - but he looks similar to a shepard malamute mix i knew at one time...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by