What breeds are these?(Rabbits)

petchickenlover

Songster
11 Years
Sep 9, 2008
These two little guys were abandoned here last month(ish). Originally there were 3 but one disappeared, so we assume some sort of predator got it. The silver seems to be "dominant" over the brown/orange one. I tossed them some bread and the orange waited for the silver to move off to another area before s/he went up to the food.

htu4h2.jpg

112d27m.jpg

vp9eg0.jpg

24vieeq.jpg

anoc95.jpg

no8yaa.jpg

the "silver" is some sort of chinchilla breed. Maybe a Standard chin.

the orange is definitely a MUTT. looks to have some wool breed, and looks like a giant Lion Head.

Quote:
I googled the standard chinchilla, looks just like the silver(or grey - whatever it's called LOL)!! We were thinking lionhead mix on the orange. Is there any way to tell "easy" age/gender?

Quote:
I googled the standard chinchilla, looks just like the silver(or grey - whatever it's called LOL)!! We were thinking lionhead mix on the orange. Is there any way to tell "easy" age/gender?

Catch them and check their genitals. only real way. Do they have dewlaps? If they have dewlaps, they're probably does.
If they don't they could be either.

Quote:
I don't know if they have dewlaps..They're still fairly nervous and we have yet to move them into an enclosed area. They're just so happy wandering around. Hopefully we will soon,though.

The orange guy looks like a real life Big Wig from Watership Down.

Was thinking Chinchilla for the silver, but I'm not familiar at all with the breed. Thinking angora mix or lionhead mix for the orange guy. The ears look lionhead-ish rather than angora to me though.

Back
Top Bottom