What breeds are these?

ChickDaze

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 1, 2011
Out of my 15 chickens, five were assorted. Two I'm quite sure of, and another died. I think one is a Jersey Giant. In this pic, she is four months and 10 days, and is with a black sex link of the same age.

94302_100_0885.jpg

This is another I'm not sure of at all, other than she was classified as a large breed, and she layed earlier than anyone else her age. In this photo, she is a month and four days.

94302_100_0388.jpg

Thanks!

The black one could be JG or Black Australorp. What color are the bottoms of her feet? Yellow=JG, pinkish=BA.

The white one... I'm not sure. With those green legs I'm tempted to say non-bearded Easter Egger (not all EEs lay colored eggs, some lay pink/brown). Does she have a pea comb?

The left black one is a Black Australorp.
I can tell because the eyes on a BA are black when looked at from a slight distance.
Jersey giants have orange/yellow iris.
The Right black on is a Black Sex Link.
The white bird might be a White Jersey Giant. I cant tell if it is green or black legs.
EE does not scream to me because no tuffs, beard, or right comb.

My two cents!
If I didnt help, someone else will!
Pretty birds.:]

is it just me or does the blue/white hen have a rose comb? I know in the picture you say she is still very young... Thats not a single comb, but I can't tell if its a pea or a rosecomb.

I say the black birds are 2 seperate breeds. I agree with black sexlink and Black australorp.

White one has black legs and had had dark spots on her back since I got her. Yellow down to begin with. Single comb.

Jersey Giant. Yellow pads and slight yellow ring around her eye.

And I know the one with the started coloring on her chest is a sex link.

Last edited:
I got them online (eFowl.com - they were the cheapest).

I just looked at the catalog for the heavy breeds, and I didn't see a White Giant. Maybe something else?

Back
Top Bottom