What breeds are you looking for this year? :)

Thought about getting more magpie ducks, but have baby chicks in the brooder for springtime and may stick with my existing ducks, and just add chicks. Undecided. I love my ducks and will always have some, but having a giant duck flock is so much work as they are so messy LOL. So thinking of some ducks and more chickens. But who knows... I fall for the ducklings EVERY DAMN TIME lol.

I’m planning on behaving this spring. Unless someone dies, no new duckies! If someone does die (not that I’m expecting it, but you never know), I’ll get a replacement of the same sort, Rouen or Muscovy.

That being said, I’d be in more of a rush for a “replacement Rouen” than a “replacement Muscovy”, because adding a Rouen leads to far less drama than adding a Muscovy.

I hope this doesn’t all sound horribly morbid. I just have a strict animal # limit (that I made up). If there are no subtractions, there will be no additions!

Well this past year I got more lavender ameraucanas and seramas so I am excited to hatch out a bunch of those in the spring. I also got wheaten marans this year so I can hatch some of those too. I would like to add some more ameraucana varieties such as bantam buff, and maybe some speckled sussex, but we will see!

Back
Top Bottom