What breeds do I have

I think Barnyard Mix pretty much covers it
big_smile.png

No one bird there is a breed, or even likely a simple breed A x breed B cross. I see probably some Wyandotte influence, from color and shape, but far enough back the dominant rose comb has been bred out. Something like a New Hampshire in the mix, and something black a ways back. Other than that, it's a pretty group of hens that will likely keep you in brown eggs for quite a while.

Could this be my 3r and 4th bird No, I don't think so. Your birds do have a similar color pattern, but they also lack certain traits that Black Tailed Buff Marans have. For one thing, your birds have yellow legs. Marans should have white legs. Your hens also lack the black on their hackle feathers that the BT Buff Marans show. I suppose it is possible that they have some Black Tailed Buff Marans in them, but they are not purebred.

Could this be the firstYou are right--the Golden Rock does look a lot like your first bird. They may indeed be the same breed. I can't tell you for sure because I am not very familiar with the color pattern and other traits of the Golden Rock. I'm guessing that your hen isn't a Golden Rock, though, since they don't appear to be really common, and I'm sure many other (more common) mixes could result in similar looking birds.

Anyone have any insight into these Bantys breeds?
Where did you get them from? They look like Old English Game bantams to me, or mixes of that breed. The one in back might be a really lightly marked Red Pyle, or a White with some red leakage. The one in the middle looks like a Blue. And the one in front looks like a Silver Duckwing.

Where did you get them from? They look like Old English Game bantams to me, or mixes of that breed. The one in back might be a really lightly marked Red Pyle, or a White with some red leakage. The one in the middle looks like a Blue. And the one in front looks like a Silver Duckwing.
I agree.

Back
Top Bottom