What breeds do I have?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Roosterhaven, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Roosterhaven

Roosterhaven New Egg

Sep 26, 2014
    I got a box of mixed breed chickens and are wondering what breeds theses are as they are ones I have not seen before. I do realize they could be mixes as well.
    Thanks for your help

Houstin:
    [​IMG]

Stanley:
    [​IMG]

Lucky: and there is a reason he is called Lucky
    [​IMG]

Hennie, my only hen (I think)
    [​IMG]

Gerard and Mutley: Gerard is the white on left and Mutley is the black on right
    [​IMG]

I can edit the photos if needed and/or take more pictures,
    Thanks,
    Sherri

2. TaraBellaBirds

TaraBellaBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2013
    SW Kansas
    Well Hennie is for sure a hen, she looks to be a white rock. I would say the boys are a lovely batch of barnyard mixes. Lucky's chest resembles a Golden Spangled Hamburg, but his size does not. And Stanley I would say White Leghorn but he looks to have a rose comb. They are a gorgeous flock. I do hope you plan to get (or have) more hens and rehome some of your roos (or a nice bachelor pad). Will that many roos fighting and over-breeding will be a problem.

3. AraucanaAnnie

AraucanaAnnie Chillin' With My Peeps

4. Roosterhaven

Roosterhaven New Egg

Sep 26, 2014
    Thank you for your help as it gives me something to look up so I can read more about the breed. Houstin is handsome and smart. That roo looks me in the eye when I talk to him.
    As for the rooster/hen ratio, I am getting more hens very shortly. The saving grace with this flock is that they all get along. There's 2 trios that hang out together and comes night, they are all in a bunch.

Here is a closeup of Hennie showing her earlobe. Her eggs are a nice beige color.
    [​IMG]

Gerard close up
    [​IMG]

Mutley close up. He's got an interesting head dress going on.
    [​IMG]

Thanks again for the help.
    Sherri

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  5. TaraBellaBirds

TaraBellaBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2013
    SW Kansas
    I'll stick with my original guesses on the others. As for Mutley I think he is most likely an EE cross. I would guess EE/Polish or EE/Silkie.

6. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013

7. Toddrick

Toddrick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2014
    Indiana
    How does your hen still have feathers on its back with three roosters around???

8. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I agree with Wyandottes7's guesses.

Beautiful flock! I would definitely get some more hens soon, though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by