1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What breeds have buttercup combs?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by chickeneyfoot, Mar 18, 2012.

1. chickeneyfoot

chickeneyfoot Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2011
    I want something other than sicilian buttercup

2. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    You're out of luck. There's only one breed with that comb, the Buttercup.

3. R-FuzzyButtFarm

R-FuzzyButtFarm New Egg

Jul 21, 2013
    Hi I actually crossed a Swedish flower hen that was crested with my polish hen and go a buttercup comb, also some la fleche will get a buttercup comb also. there is also a breed sold by Greenfire farms that has a buttercup comb just look thru there selections and you will find it- hope this helps you-

4. Ozchick222

Ozchick222 New Egg

Sep 8, 2014
    QLD. Australia
    I live in Australia. My neighbor has chickens with buttercup combs. He doesn't know what breed they are. They are between a regular chicken & bantam size of regular chicken . They are buff with darker hackles & some black spots on the hackles. Their earlobes are 3/4 white with a tiny bit of pink on 1 outside edge. They lay round tinted/white eggs between regular egg & regular bantam. I'm unsure/ can't find a way to post a pic. I'd love to know what they are. They are flighty, shy & very gentle

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by