what breeds have dominate white?

Yes the dominant white will change the red color to a buff. The sex linked crosses are usually with Rhode Island Red and New Hamshires. These reds are wheaten based but can also be eb based I believe and laced wyndotes are eb based. The eb will come back if you cross in like I suggested in my other posts. Moving a dominant in is one of the simplest projects you can do but it dose take a bit of time. Just as soon as they are breedable make your next cross in. By your 4 and 5th cross you may be tempted to stop they can sometimes look so pure. Just dont do it, make yourself cross in further. Rhode Island Red carry recessive black genes so you may need to loose some of those also. Even though Ml is part of the genes for laced and spangled colors. Spangled are on birchen based birds usually. Birchen allows the tail to get laced or spotted. Polish laced have laced tails they are birchen base. Wydottes are eb based and they dont have laced tails. You need to realize that the dominant white will try to create a white bird when you mate two together. But you should be able to control that by mating red to buff or gold. The blue red lace will not have the dominant white since they are red. The guy who has the sex linked page at the first part of this forum is quite knowledgeable about which whites would be best for you to use as they use them so much in sex linked hybrid matings. He knows alot about genetics. If you want to just do your own first cross with a white. Roosters are always abundant so you should be able to get a white rooster easy , just have to decide which breed to select for the white.

this hen was suggested to me as having possibly Dom white, not sure if she is or not but she is of some OE origions, not sure if crossed..

chickens04004.jpg

Quote:
If Dominant White changes Red to Buff, how can you use a Dominant White to create the Red Pyle Color?
Black Breasted Red ( gold - s ) with Dominant White ( I ) introduced gives you Red Pyle....

Chris

I would think one of Dan's buff laced Brahmas might be you most economic option in the long run. I would not sweat the leg feather issue. I crossed a splash blue laced red wyandotte male on to my gold laced Brahmas to start my blr brahma project. The second generation of this project, using only a F1 feather legged male, F1 feather legged pullets, and the original gold laced brahma hens, produced a suprising number of clean legged chicks. Brahma size, leg and egg color, and even type is closer to your goal than most possible sources of dominant white, and already has the proper color. You might contact Dan and see if he might have some chicks that may not fit his plans, but may be just what you need.

Quote:
If Dominant White changes Red to Buff, how can you use a Dominant White to create the Red Pyle Color?
Black Breasted Red ( gold - s ) with Dominant White ( I ) introduced gives you Red Pyle....

Chris

Agree. dominant white does not dilute colour; it inhibits it. Silver will dilute.

Back
Top Bottom