What breeds of duck is it

Hi Pierre duck drake, i just saw your thread above.

How are your ducks doing? Is that eye cleared up? I haven't bought or used terramicin but you can likely get terramycin eye ointment from Tractor Supplies [or on the internet from Chewy]

The difference in size between your two Pekins might be a result of having a drake and a female - our one pekin female is smaller than our drake although that has been only apparent since they were 6 months old. Our second female is a crested and much smaller.
They are lovely, lively, curious, and friendly ducks. Our 2 females have been laying daily since 14 weeks old.

Attachments

• 20210708_141433.jpg
    20210708_141433.jpg
    583.5 KB · Views: 3

How are your ducks doing? Is that eye cleared up? I haven't bought or used terramicin but you can likely get terramycin eye ointment from Tractor Supplies [or on the internet from Chewy]

The difference in size between your two Pekins might be a result of having a drake and a female - our one pekin female is smaller than our drake although that has been only apparent since they were 6 months old. Our second female is a crested and much smaller.
They are lovely, lively, curious, and friendly ducks. Our 2 females have been laying daily since 14 weeks old.
Wow they are gorgeous!

You have beautiful pekins! I love your crested! His eyes are not cleared up do you think we should take him to the vet I took some better pics on pekin has eye problem do you think it could be infection that could spred to his hole body he is my faverite duck and my best friend

You have beautiful pekins! I love your crested! His eyes are not cleared up do you think we should take him to the vet I took some better pics on pekin has eye problem do you think it could be infection that could spred to his hole body he is my faverite duck and my best friend
I have no experience of duck eye problems and cannot say whether it is infection. if you have a vet that will see a duck, I would certainly get a professional opinion.

As you have a Tractor Supply Co, buying veterinary terramycin eye ointment from there and using it until you get a vet appointment, will not harm and might clear up the problem if it is indeed an infection.

The main danger from untreated eye infections is loss of sight rather than spread elsewhere

I have no experience of duck eye problems and cannot say whether it is infection. if you have a vet that will see a duck, I would certainly get a professional opinion.

As you have a Tractor Supply Co, buying veterinary terramycin eye ointment from there and using it until you get a vet appointment, will not harm and might clear up the problem if it is indeed an infection.

The main danger from untreated eye infections is loss of sight rather than spread elsewhere
Its in both of his eyes so i will for sure take him to the vet he is a great duck

Have you been able to get a vet appointment?

I cannot help but notice the similarity of Duck One's eye in your photograph to my female muscovy's eye. She will not sit still for a photograph - she is bobbing her head out and back and babbling away whenever I sit with her and try and get a photo! This is the best photo I could take. The rough rim to her eyes is where she will develop caruncles as she gets older.

But your duck's eye might be oK but the feathers round it look infected and so I do think it is infection there that needs terramycin eye ointment

When will you name Duck one and Duck two?

I hope Duck one gets back to good health soon!

Attachments

• 20211129_143431-2.jpg
    20211129_143431-2.jpg
    723.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Have you been able to get a vet appointment?

I cannot help but notice the similarity of Duck One's eye in your photograph to my female muscovy's eye. She will not sit still for a photograph - she is bobbing her head out and back and babbling away whenever I sit with her and try and get a photo! This is the best photo I could take. The rough rim to her eyes is where she will develop caruncles as she gets older.

But your duck's eye might be oK but the feathers round it look infected and so I do think it is infection there that needs terramycin eye ointment

When will you name Duck one and Duck two?

I hope Duck one gets back to good health soon!
I got him terramycin! And we started today they dont have names yet but we are hoping we can find some soon because we name all of our ducks you have a beautiful muscovy! We did not get a vet appointmest yet

Back
Top Bottom