What breeds of turkeys do you guys have????

What breeds do you guys have????

• Black Turkey

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Chocolate Turkey

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Bourbon Red Turkey

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Narragansett Turkey

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Blue Slate Turkey

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • White Turkey

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Bronze Turkey

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Royal Palm Turkey

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm with y'all. They are my pets. My mom tells me I'm wasting my money because I won't eat them. But first of all. I don't eat my chickens or ducks either so. And second, I've never eaten turkey so what's the difference?
I don't really even like turkey meat. My turkeys are my babies, my whole family says they are part of the family. We love them so much all my animals are pets my chickens turkeys ducks geese and my little bantams :) I could never eat my pets that I raised!

I would say that it is definitely not a bronze. She looks like she is exhibiting traits from the Black Winged Bronze (b1) gene and the Gray [semi-gray] (cg) gene and possibly even the Narragansett (n) gene which would indicate that her father was a Royal Palm and she is some type of cross. She appears to be at an in between stage and does not appear to have all of her mature feathers yet. Once she has all of her mature feathers you can check her against Porter's Phenotypes and Genotypes page.

I just went to this site and MAN!! my mind is blown, I never knew there were so many turkeys, but then I never knew there were as many as I know about now before I started looking really hard for me some turkeys, you know when I couldn't fight the urge to have some anymore(that is when I got my blue slates).

I don't really even like turkey meat. My turkeys are my babies, my whole family says they are part of the family. We love them so much all my animals are pets my chickens turkeys ducks geese and my little bantams :) I could never eat my pets that I raised!

Sorry I missed typed up there. I meant to say I don't eat turkey. I have eaten and I don't like it, even as a child I never liked it, I always eat ham for the holidays. I don't even like chicken all that much though I will eat it from time to time (just not my own chickens, to me that is like I don't know) but for me to eat it I can't handle it raw with my bare hands, I don't know why I can't eat it after I touch it but I just can't, so I wear rubber gloves when I cook chicken or just use ground chicken so I don't have to touch it. I AM CRAZY.

Sorry I missed typed up there. I meant to say I don't eat turkey. I have eaten and I don't like it, even as a child I never liked it, I always eat ham for the holidays. I don't even like chicken all that much though I will eat it from time to time (just not my own chickens, to me that is like I don't know) but for me to eat it I can't handle it raw with my bare hands, I don't know why I can't eat it after I touch it but I just can't, so I wear rubber gloves when I cook chicken or just use ground chicken so I don't have to touch it. I AM CRAZY.
I eat ham at thanksgiving too!! I like chicken and ham but not turkey. But I would NEVER eat my personal birds.

So my dark turkey (Ethel) doesn't have a wattle on top of her beak. Is this normal?
I assume that you mean she doesn't have a snood. It is not normal for a turkey whether male or female to not have a snood. It is normal for a turkey to rub or cut off their snood by rubbing against poultry fence. Snoods can be bitten off or otherwise damaged in fights. In a very rare case a poult can be hatched with a very tiny practically unnoticeable snood which never develops normally.

Hi i am new to raising turkeys. I had gotten my first pet turkey 2 years ago but she was killed by my neighbors dogs, But now i have 4 turkeys starting from oldest to youngest: Big Tom, Chip (because of er chipped beak), Blizzard, and snowball.

Big tom is a cross between a wild and what looks like one of the three breeds: royal palm, bronze, or narragansett, he looks a lot like an albino bronze, he is 3 years old and weighs at 45 pounds.
As for Chip she is a standard bronze hen at 1.5 years and weighs 15 pounds.
Then there is Blizzard a solid white commercial white turkey weighs 50 pounds and is a tom.
Then last but not least little Snowball He/she not sure yet is a commercial white too but is only 1.5 months old and weighs about 3 pounds

Hi i am new to raising turkeys. I had gotten my first pet turkey 2 years ago but she was killed by my neighbors dogs, But now i have 4 turkeys starting from oldest to youngest: Big Tom, Chip (because of er chipped beak), Blizzard, and snowball.

Big tom is a cross between a wild and what looks like one of the three breeds: royal palm, bronze, or narragansett, he looks a lot like an albino bronze, he is 3 years old and weighs at 45 pounds.
As for Chip she is a standard bronze hen at 1.5 years and weighs 15 pounds.
Then there is Blizzard a solid white commercial white turkey weighs 50 pounds and is a tom.
Then last but not least little Snowball He/she not sure yet is a commercial white too but is only 1.5 months old and weighs about 3 pounds
Awww! Pics???

Back
Top Bottom