What cabinet style incubators are out there?

West Central MO

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 29, 2009
I am interested in obtaining a new cabinet styled incubator such as the GQFs and just wondered what was out there now days... Looking to spend up to $500

welcome-byc.gif
Where are you located in MO, I am north central mo! Marceline area

Craigslist was a valuabe weapon in my arsonary of looking for a cabinet incubator! LOL!

I got a 70 year old incubator for $125 only thing that was wrong with it was it was dusty, and its' wafer was bad...but for that $125 also included extra light bulbs and a brand spankin new wafer.
smile.png

It holds 400 chicken eggs (100 eggs per tray-4 trays). It's a Sears Roebuck....BIG and beautiful!
smile.png
love.gif

If you are handy, you could build one, if not, check out dickeyincubators.com. Depending on what you are looking for, you might fit that budget. Unless you are like me and want ALL the extras!
lol.png
I'm saving for one now. My total would be 666.50 (I'm not superstitious) Shipping and all. But you can do without some of the things and get by cheaper and then buy them later, b/c he sells everything separately also.

frow.gif
frow.gif
hey missouri chook lovers........in north florida now for 8 years. born and raised in huntsville then moved to columbia..........miss missouri in the fall and first 5 or so snows, love where i live now too, (in north gulf area).

Last edited:
Check all your local ads and Craigslist. You may have to look for a while before finding anything, but there are some deals out there. My neighbor just got a steal. Some man was getting out of raising quail, and sold 2 brooders, a 5 tier brooder (that sells for $1200.00, I think) still in the box, 2-30 ft long off-the-ground cages, and a Sportsman Incubator-all a year old. He sold everything for $1250.00. I'm so bummed I didn't see this ad. I would've scooped everything up.
I've just recently bought a Dickey. If you can spend a little more than $500, you could get an awesome bator from him. Check out his website. Works like a charm!! Good luck!
smile.png

Paula

Back
Top Bottom