What can a Black Breasted Red Old English Game Bantam pair with?

Nickey1994

In the Brooder
Jun 23, 2017
I just rescued a small chicken finding out it's a Black Breasted Red Old English Game Bantam. This is my first chicken and I want to get 1-2 more but I don't know which breed to get. I was hoping to get a full size chicken not another fun size but I read that this type of chicken can be aggressive. So any advice or suggestions?

I'm not a fan of believing that a "certain" breed can be aggressive. It's all about the way you raise them. Is this one your only one?

I'm not a fan of believing that a "certain" breed can be aggressive. It's all about the way you raise them. Is this one your only one?

Yes this is the only one I have. I rescued it from a cat. The day before I found her she was with 2 large chickens so I believe she was raised with large fowl. I believe she is full grown or almost full grown. I asked around but no one came forward to claim her. She isn't aggressive towards me I pick her up and she behaves well but I am not sure how she acts around other chickens.

IMG_3419.PNG
IMG_3978.JPG
I have a roo and he lives in complete harmony with two easter eggers and a production red pullet. Actually my production red is my biggest and sweetest girl (she's 14 weeks old) and her and the bantam are soul chickens and best friends! Despite being 1/4 their size he's definitely the boss, but he gets along with everyone and is an excellent protector.

View attachment 1057747 View attachment 1057744 I have a roo and he lives in complete harmony with two easter eggers and a production red pullet. Actually my production red is my biggest and sweetest girl (she's 14 weeks old) and her and the bantam are soul chickens and best friends! Despite being 1/4 their size he's definitely the boss, but he gets along with everyone and is an excellent protector.

Love your chickens they are so pretty. Yesterday day I got two rhode island red hens. They haven't layed their first eggs yet but soon. At first the little bantam put up a fight but in under 5 minutes they were all eating together and laying with each other.

Back
Top Bottom