What can be wrong with my chicken please help!!

HI yes that's what it looked like at the beginning and now each day it gets better and we are glad for that. Thank you for the information.

Can you try making a little ring to go around her neck, preventing her from reaching the wound? You could remove it when she is eating and drinking if it gets in her way. A Tee shirt made from a cut off sleeve of a Tee or sweat shirt might also work. The cuff should be around her neck. You can experiment with something that works. If a bandage works best, that might help. But make sure that it is covered with antibiotic ointment or wound cream. It may be irritating her, itching, or hurting. Have you ever located the sharp edge that cut her chest?
Hi sorry I haven't updated but yes we are doing the t-shirt and yes I have used the antibiotic ointment how you told me to treat her and her wound is smaller we are so happy for that hopefully very soon it will close completely we try our best day by day she is very active and sometimes it's hard for her to stay still and hard for us to see the wound but we are her nurses and caretakers. Can you give me an idea on how to make a ring thing with what so I can try to make it to see if that works also? Thank you so much. We are progressing and no we never found anything that would of made that wound so big we still question it is so weird. But we are more relieved it's almost closed. After it closes we still put like the t-shirt clothes just in case or will she be fine because she has no feathers there?

As the crop will be extending and shrinking constantly according to her food uptake I think that this wound should be stitched up carefully as not to accidentally fix the outer skin to the crop.
Hi well it seems with the treatment we are give her twice a day he wound is closing and we are happy for that. When we first saw it we were so frightened and worried and then she would peck and of course blood would come. But as of right now we have come a long way. She is very active. But thank you.

Hi well it seems with the treatment we are give her twice a day he wound is closing and we are happy for that. When we first saw it we were so frightened and worried and then she would peck and of course blood would come. But as of right now we have come a long way. She is very active. But thank you.
I am glad she is healing.

The T-Shirt will keep the wound protected from her pecking and at the same time allow proper ventilation.

I am glad she is healing.

The T-Shirt will keep the wound protected from her pecking and at the same time allow proper ventilation.
Good morning thank you. Yes we had no idea at first what to put on her but then we came up with that idea and it's been working pretty good we just have to keep checking on her because she is an active one lol. She is pretty much a baby she and her technically siblings turned one and the beginning of this month. We still have her mom and dad also. Her dad is pretty active to he is the one with the swollen foot I posted on him too. I really appreciate it you answering me and giving me the information because many times we can feel lost. Since I am pretty new with my chickens we have
diffrent breeds. I remember my grandma having chickens.

So happy to hear that the Tee shirt has allowed her to
keep from pecking, and that her wound is very small. Soon you may want to post a new picture, just for folks to see the wound progression. I don’t think that you need to ring anymore, but you can make those out of foam for water pipes, or with rolled cloth taped around the neck. If she tries pecking the bare skin later, I would some ointment with menthol, such as BenGay or a similar crème. Vicks salve would also be good, and many chickens will avoid pecking those due to the taste and odor. But the Tee Shirt is just fine for the near future, and less messy.

So happy to hear that the Tee shirt has allowed her to
keep from pecking, and that her wound is very small. Soon you may want to post a new picture, just for folks to see the wound progression. I don’t think that you need to ring anymore, but you can make those out of foam for water pipes, or with rolled cloth taped around the neck. If she tries pecking the bare skin later, I would some ointment with menthol, such as BenGay or a similar crème. Vicks salve would also be good, and many chickens will avoid pecking those due to the taste and odor. But the Tee Shirt is just fine for the near future, and less messy.
Hi thank you so much and yeah I will do that and I will try to post a picture today so you all can see the progress like you said. I really appreciate it.

Good morning so sorry I haven't posted a picture I have been so busy but before I forget here is a picture this one I took on Wednesday or Tuesday.

Attachments

• 20240327_183834.jpg
    20240327_183834.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 3
Hi also if I can ill try to take another picture today so you guys can see the progress. To us it seems smaller and smaller compared to where we started.

Hi also if I can ill try to take another picture today so you guys can see the progress. To us it seems smaller and smaller compared to where we started.
It seems unbelievable that the skin could regrow to cover that massive space...but I've seen it before on here.
Looking forward to progress pics.

Back
Top Bottom