What can be wrong with my rooster?

Pics
Awh, i am so sorry for your loss. I know how it feels. But did your rooster show any signs of sickness while he had a pale comb?
Good morning thank you. he was just like not him not active and he would still eat. He wouldn't crow anymore. But other then that nothing else.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Its heartbreaking. Especially when they've touched your heart with there's special little personalities
Good morning and thank you yes they do touch my heart and yeah every single one have and had their own personalities. Us like owners of them just wonder why what could I have done differently right. It's hard but we have to go on with the rest of them because we have more but the ones that have passed away will always be remembered. I think sometimes God needed another chicken.

I would also assume anemia or a parasite. Has he been treated for worms?
Hi at the end we don't know what happened but we tried our best for him to stay with us, but I have heard it can be so many diffrent things. It's so hard to tell right.

We lost our Serama this weekend. I think its related to yours same illness. He had pink skin on his face and his comb and 3 weeks later he was pale, his comb was droopy, and had coloration on the top, his eyes were weak and he didn't crow anymore. I Wonder if this was a liver issue. He also had shaky legs' all the time and his all of his siblings died during their first month of life. He was with us for almost 3 years and was a family pet.

Anyone who can look at these 2 images and compare them if you can tell me what you think may have happened so we can look for it in our other flock that would be great. I am sorry for your loss. We had a funeral for ours as he was our 15 year old's pet and she loved it very much.

This was taken on 2/16/2024

plum looking great 2162024.jpeg

This was taken 3/6/2024 3 days later he died

plumb comb looking worse.jpg

Thoughts?

We lost our Serama this weekend. I think its related to yours same illness. He had pink skin on his face and his comb and 3 weeks later he was pale, his comb was droopy, and had coloration on the top, his eyes were weak and he didn't crow anymore. I Wonder if this was a liver issue. He also had shaky legs' all the time and his all of his siblings died during their first month of life. He was with us for almost 3 years and was a family pet.

Anyone who can look at these 2 images and compare them if you can tell me what you think may have happened so we can look for it in our other flock that would be great. I am sorry for your loss. We had a funeral for ours as he was our 15 year old's pet and she loved it very much.

This was taken on 2/16/2024

View attachment 3770374

This was taken 3/6/2024 3 days later he died

View attachment 3770376

Thoughts?
Hi thank you so much and sorry for your loss too, he was too cute. Yeah it's hard to lose them and not know what happened to them, hopefully somebody can give us an answer so we can know in case of anything right. I have tried to look up on the internet what could have happened, but there are so many things. I know they will always be in our hearts and never be forgotten. Ours didn't even turn one when he passed away. People here try to help out and I really appreciate it because it's so hard to find a vet locally for chickens and if you do find one they charge alot. But us owners try to do our best for our chickens to be well right.

Back
Top Bottom