What can I do? One of my call ducks taken by a hawk, other is lonely

ShadowRooster

Songster
9 Years
Mar 11, 2010
claremont, NH
The ducks are penned up all the time, but today I was playing with the goats, and since the ducks were less then 20 feet away, I thought I would let them out for a while to play in the snow. Like, three seconds after I let them out, Before I could do anything about it, a hawk swoops down and grabs our male call duck, Aspen,!
hit.gif
I was soo close to him, but I have three feet of snow here, and I could not move. Poor Willow is all alone... she is crying and looking for Aspen everywhere. I need to find a call duck or a few, but I cant, no one is selling adults right now. Willow lives with my chickens, but I have never seen those two out of sight of eatch other. Poor duck.. I cant lose her too!
hit.gif

Last edited:
I'm so sorry
sad.png

Could you not get another breed?

I hope you find a new friend very soon. Be careful - ducks can go downhill quite quickly when they grieve
sad.png

I am so sorry to hear your loss and hope you find another one.

I also just lost one of my two ducks this week (a 10 month old female Peking). Now I have only one female Cayuga left and I feel so sorry for her. She is doing OK this week but has been calling a lot. She is probably wondering where her life-long friend is.

If anyone can sell me one or two young female ducks (Peking preferred), I would deeply appreciate. I am in Big Rapids, Michigan and am willing to travel for a couple hours to get the duck.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Back
Top Bottom