What can I do to strengthen my immune system?

My chickens should not be sick. I want them to be strong. What should I do?

Note: I do not speak english I use google translation

Hi - good nutrition (a proper diet for poultry, like a formulated feed) and probiotics can help ensure your chickens' immune systems are strong. For probiotics, you can feed them fermented feed or use a powdered supplement you add to their water. I ferment my chickens' feed and they're very healthy.

Are your chickens ill now? If so, what symptoms are they showing?

8 months and 6 months. I eat eggs. I mix wheat and corn

Chickens do best on a balanced ration, like a formulated flock raiser/grower pellet or crumble. On just wheat and corn, they're likely not getting all the vitamins and minerals they need, as well as not enough protein. Pullets that age should be getting at least 16% protein. Do you also feed oyster shell for calcium? If they're laying, they need extra calcium.

Chickens do best on a balanced ration, like a formulated flock raiser/grower pellet or crumble. On just wheat and corn, they're likely not getting all the vitamins and minerals they need, as well as not enough protein. Pullets that age should be getting at least 16% protein. Do you also feed oyster shell for calcium? If they're laying, they need extra calcium.
I heard an oyster shell, but I did not give it an en. Could you send a sample picture

Wheat and corn provide the birds with carbohydrate or energy, but not protein. For that, they need to be eating bugs, or if you can provide it, peas, lentils or something similar. If beans, those need to be cooked first. Or some type of meat like fresh or cooked fish or fish scraps, fresh or cooked meat scraps, (not rotten) etc. Also, anything green like wheat grass, or even wheat sprouts.

Give them the egg shells back, crumbled up for the calcium they need.

They need access to plants if all you feed is wheat and corn. Give them a little salt - 1/2 tsp in their water once a week. Give them all the extra food from the kitchen.

If you can give them peas they will get more protein. If they have access to outside, where there are green plants, they can eat bugs for protein.Give them COOKED beans or beans that have soaked until sprouted.

Garbanzo beans and lentils, cooked, may be more available in Turkey. Chop or grind the garbanzo beans. Yogurt a little every day is good for them. Ferment their grains and the cooked lentils and garbanzo beans. Green vegetables are very important every day. Alfalfa is good for chickens also. Grass and bugs are good for chickens. Chickens love worms and crickets. Fish is very very good for chickens. Do not feed just one thing unless you can get good bagged feed from the store.

Well-crushed eggshell will give calcium if you do not have oyster shell. Give eggshell to them separately from regular food.

Back
Top Bottom