what can i feed doves

Caging birds in a one square foot box is worse than a BAD opinion - it is cruelty.

And agree with the caging, couldn't imagine my pigeons in such a tiny cage, they all are my babies and they would go insane very quickly, especially my favorite one Nutty (the one in my profile pic) who can't stand to be confined.
you both seem to misunderstand. my friend was instructed by the department of environmental conservation the (dec) said they would jump up and break their necks now this is quail not pigeons and doves i was just seeing if it applied to them as well. and the dec inspected it but that was for quail just making sure you could do that for doves and pigeons and obviously you cant so ihave built them a cage and now i can go get them

Caging birds in a one square foot box is worse than a BAD opinion - it is cruelty.

Caging BIRDS of any sort in such a small space is cruelty. You would provide far more space for even a canary or parakeet. I seriously doubt that the DEC made such a recommendation - for transportation, yes, but not for permanent housing.

you both seem to misunderstand. my friend was instructed by the department of environmental conservation the (dec) said they would jump up and break their necks now this is quail not pigeons and doves i was just seeing if it applied to them as well. and the dec inspected it but that was for quail just making sure you could do that for doves and pigeons and obviously you cant so ihave built them a cage and now i can go get them

Oh yeah now I understand
smile.png
, quail can kill themselves by jumping up and hitting their heads if the roof of the cage is over 1 foot high or under 4 feet. In between 1 and 4 feet is just the right height that they can get enough momentum to break their neck.

My pigeons eat both chicken feed and their seeds i got them used to ir by mixing them together

This is where my pigeons live( pardon the paint cans still cleaning out the back of the shed )that's just a small corner of the house... They have the whole shed with my bantams and an aviary/run with perches and evergreen branches to hide in.and land on.

This is my quail pen, its about 6ft tall.

the smallest cage I ever had pigeons in was a extra large dog kennel while I was getting the shed escape proof for them. Pictured in the bottom of the pigeon picture.if you squint you can kinda see my oldest male pigeon Lord Grumpy Pants sitting in the cardboard box in the kennel( his latest offspring are on top of it.its not visible in the picture but the door is open for him and his girlfriend to come and go freely, they just like that box apparently. Lol

Last edited:
My pigeons eat both chicken feed and their seeds i got them used to ir by mixing them together

This is where my pigeons live( pardon the paint cans still cleaning out the back of the shed )that's just a small corner of the house... They have the whole shed with my bantams and an aviary/run with perches and evergreen branches to hide in.and land on.

This is my quail pen, its about 6ft tall.

the smallest cage I ever had pigeons in was a extra large dog kennel while I was getting the shed escape proof for them. Pictured in the bottom of the pigeon picture.if you squint you can kinda see my oldest male pigeon Lord Grumpy Pants sitting in the cardboard box in the kennel( his latest offspring are on top of it.its not visible in the picture but the door is open for him and his girlfriend to come and go freely, they just like that box apparently. Lol
Do you fly your pigeons outside free range ???

No we have a lot of hawks in our neighborhood and I have a bunch of kitties who watch my quail and other birds constantly i don't want to risk them getting hurt or worse but they spend a lot of time flying around the rafters of the shed and out into the run and back.

Back
Top Bottom