What can I line the bottom of my bator with ??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by swtangel321, Jul 13, 2008.

1. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    I read chesse cloth but when I looked at didn't like it for a few different reasons!!!! So I decided to buy that stuff at walmart that you can line your cabnits with, the non-skid stuff that has little holes in it ? No mess, still gets venalation, eggs can still move and turn a little !!! Think thats ok ? What does everyone else use, if anything ???

2. goatkeepers

goatkeepers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Mooresville, NC
    That's what I am planning to put in mine when I take the turner out at day 18. I've seen several pics here of people that have that liner stuff in their bator. That way the little chicks can't get their feet and legs stuck in the wire mesh...

3. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    I used the non-slip liner. It really worked great on the quail. I have never used it on baby chickens. I highly recomend it.

4. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    I'm going to do it for a few reasons !!! 1 - easy clean up (woo-hoo) 2 - after the chicks hatch sometime there beaks fall though the wire holes into the water i always get nervious that they will drown/hurt them selfs !!! 3 - Same thing with the feet, looks like it hurts..... But its good to know that others use the same stuff, Thanks !!!

5. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Yes...that's what I use. AFter hatching I throw it into the washing machine with a little bit of bleach and re-use over and over.

6. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    If your water source is underneath, you may need to increase your surface area to get enough humidity, it seems to block it somewhat.

7. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    We have one of those stores where everythings a dollar and I get the no/slip shelf liner. It's 6 feet long so I use it once and in the garbage it go's.

8. robinaggie

robinaggie Flew the Coop

May 25, 2008
    Texas
    I used this stuff after I saw it on BYC, and it's great! I don't worry about the chicks now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by