What can I put in this coop?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by shelleyb1969, Sep 23, 2008.

1. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Ok, I have a small coop and I need something to put in it. I just have to have something in it, even this winter. [​IMG] I can't just let it sit empty...that's just not right! [​IMG] Anyone have any suggestions on what would be happy in this? I have converted it from a rabbit hutch to a chicken/fowl enclosure. Since this pic was taken, I've put in a divider wall with a small door so there's a nice dark sleeping area. I also removed the roosts in the wired area. Please...someone, anyone, tell me what I can put in this. My DH keeps asking me what I'm going to put in it...so help me decide!

[​IMG]

2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    well, if you shoot down to my house, you can come pic up a pullet or two to pop in there. i'm just north of Lapeer.

3. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

You can probably keep two small bantam hens in there comfortably if you dont plan on letting them out for range time.

Something small like Japanese Bantams, Dutch, Seramas, Cochins etc....

4. shelleyb1969

Quote:What kind of pullets do you have?[​IMG]

5. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    a good deal of coturnix quails would do great in there! [​IMG]

6. shelleyb1969

Would a couple of EE pullets be ok in this? I researched them on MyPetChicken, and it doesn't look like they get very big.

7. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I agree with quail, they are neat looking, make cool noises, and lay lots of eggs.

8. shelleyb1969

Can anyone tell me how big their EEs are? Would 2 of them be ok in this enclosure until spring?

9. spookykim

spookykim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I think quail as well. my mom has 2 EE's and hers would be to big to go in there.

10. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    A pair of call ducks might fit! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by