What can I use to add niacin to my ducks'/ducklings' diet?

Thanks so much, Amiga! I'll add the electrolytes to all of my poultry's water today since it is so hot! I should still buy the niacin, though, correct?
I would.
smile.png

This evening I went to a 'nearby' pharmacy and got the niacin. The lowest mg they had was 250, so I bought that. Do I just put cut the capsule in a little lower than half and put in in a gallon of water?

If you have a two-gallon container, you could mix the whole thing into that and store the leftover in the frij for a day, or you could dissolve the whole thing into a cup of water, then add half a cup to a gallon of water and store the other half-cup for tomorrow. Sound good?

And it's a capsule that opens, not a tablet you need to crush, right?
smile.png

I just now remembered about the niacin. I haven't given it to them! Eek! So I should put one 250 mg capsule into one cup of water and then add half of that into a gallon of water? So, it would be 125 mg of niican, right? And yes, they are capsules.

Try warm water when you put it into the cup. Is it not dissolving in the cup of water? Try swirling really well, then pouring the half cup into the gallon.

Sometimes things won't dissolve if there is not enough water. But there may be something going on with the contents of the capsule. Phooey.

Maybe if it sits overnight..... hmmmmmm.

Back
Top Bottom