What can you feed a baby chick?

Its best to keep your babies in the open with their mother. She will give them whatever they need. As your chicks grow older they will start hunting for different stuffs. Only 2 weeks they require special care, after that they are trained and know what to eat and what not to eat.

My chicks get treats and a bowl of dirt (for grit) starting at about day 3 or 4. My broodies usually bring their chicks out around that time, and they feed whatever they find...including grass, bugs, feed, whatever kitchen scraps I've put out. My artificially brooded chicks are treated as close to the same as I can manage.
P.S- my chickens love and often get eggs, and.....gulp, chicken!

why wont my chickens eats vegetable scraps? they will eat meal worms, grower mix and grass but nothing l can not even get the to eat spaghetti

Yea, when i got our chicks, i got this really good food and it is called 'peckish chic starter'. it is suitable for the first 10 weeks. then use peckish hen food

Well, we just got our chicks, Ginger the Isa Brown, and Omlet the Buff Orpington. Omlet still has her egg beak, but Ginger is starting to get some little feathers on her wings, so would they be old enough to be given yogurt, oatmeal, and tiny pieces of hard boiled eggs?

I have 5 chicks about 6 weeks old. I just started giving them hard boiled egg chopped up. They seem to really enjoy it. I also give them meal worms a couple times a week which they go crazy for. This weekend I'm moving their enclosure outside where my 6 hens are.

Am I the only person who thinks it is wrong to feed chicken chicken eggs?
Why would it be wrong to feed chicks some chicken eggs?? ......yolk is what an unborn chicken live on before it's born and for a day or two after it's born it's still nourished by the last of the yolk it has absorbed.... that's why it would be fine to give to them....

Back
Top Bottom