What Can You Tell Me About Murray McMurray's White Sapphires and French White Marans?

3KillerBs

Addict
14 Years
Jul 10, 2009
North Carolina Sandhills
My Coop
My Coop
Since Welp doesn't have the White Legbars and Empordanesa chickens I was planning on ordering this year I'm looking at other blue and dark layers which suit my aesthetic preference for black, white, and black and white chickens. Does anyone have either of these breeds?

What are they like in terms of temperament, laying qualities, heat tolerance, and growth rate?

What should a prospective owner know about them before buying them?

Since Welp doesn't have the White Legbars and Empordanesa chickens I was planning on ordering this year I'm looking at other blue and dark layers which suit my aesthetic preference for black, white, and black and white chickens. Does anyone have either of these breeds?

What are they like in terms of temperament, laying qualities, heat tolerance, and growth rate?

What should a prospective owner know about them before buying them?
Hello, I work this these breeds on a daily basis and it’s great to see people asking questions about these breeds as I think they are lovely! The white sapphires are a bit flighty and are great foragers, they lay a very good amount of nice quality eggs are very heat tolerant but grow about average. The white Marans lay a lovely large brown egg although not as frequently as the white sapphires. They have a good amount of feathers and sparsely feathered feet (truthfully they are better acclimated for the cold) they grow a bit slow but are very nice and calm birds. They are rather weak as chicks and will need a bit more attention then the white sapphires would. Thanks for the question!

Hello, I work this these breeds on a daily basis and it’s great to see people asking questions about these breeds as I think they are lovely! The white sapphires are a bit flighty and are great foragers, they lay a very good amount of nice quality eggs are very heat tolerant but grow about average. The white Marans lay a lovely large brown egg although not as frequently as the white sapphires. They have a good amount of feathers and sparsely feathered feet (truthfully they are better acclimated for the cold) they grow a bit slow but are very nice and calm birds. They are rather weak as chicks and will need a bit more attention then the white sapphires would. Thanks for the question!

Thank you for the information.

Back
Top Bottom