1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What can you tell me about Tufted Buff geese?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by TennesseeTruly, Jan 14, 2011.

1. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    I have an opportunity to purchase some Tufted Buff geese but I can't find any information on them. Anyone care to help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Laurie

2. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC
    Quote:They are a cross Tufted Roman with Buffs.

3. critterranch

critterranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2010
    Red Creek, New York
    they have them at metzers and meyers if that helps

4. AllthingsG

AllthingsG Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2011
    Laurie,

You'll love them. I have a pair that I shipped in from Metzer Farms. They are awesome. They seem to be a bit calmer than my Tufted Romans and a tick larger and broader. They are beautiful.

Joni

5. mominoz

mominoz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    North Georgia
    I have 4 about 18 months old, from Metzgers.Only make noise when I have a food bucket or if a animal is around their fence (like neighbors dog. Can't fly hardly, though they fake it about 2 feet off the ground. I had one get about 4 feet and he smashed into the fence.(Pretty colors)-I can herd them easily and they will come when called. But I get an occasional nip attempt, if 1.) I change shoe colors, and when pouring feed into their feeder inside their pen. Partly because I walk into their night pen saying "dinner". Got tired of that, so I grabbed him by the neck for a second or two, then let go , and he really backed off. Put some respect in them I guess.Very friendly as babies and the friendliest is the one who is the most assertive. I've had other geese before, I'd say they are way quieter than the Chinese I had,not as timid as the pilgrims or tufted buffs. They live next to my runners and are let out with them to graze in the yard, they will sometimes kinda chase the ducks if the ducks go into their pen (the goose). but not seriously.
    I'd say calm, average, not going off about efverything, but if somethings around that is bigger than them, they tell you. I get honked and quacked at when I walk out the door. But my mini-appleyard is the noisest![​IMG]

6. polskituft

polskituft Out Of The Brooder

Oct 18, 2012
    They are awesome i got a pair from efowl and they are calm and very nice they are pretty with asturdy build and they are fairly quite.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by