What cell phone service do you use...

I have Consumer Cellular. I pay month to month. I pay 30.00 per month for 500 anytime minutes, and 200 text messages. I am considering going with a pre-pay phone. I just need to find the right plan for me, I hate my cell phone. Mostly I hate phones. I am always not taking my phone with me.

We have att due to dh's iphone.He is an OTR driver and overall coverage across the country has been good. He was just talking about verizon/droid as he noticed some other truckers with them. We look at what the other drivers are using since they generally need good coverage everywhere.

We have had tmobile and sprint too.att is ok just wish the bill was lower.

ive tried sprint. at&t, and verizon. the verizon has definately had the best coverage, especially in rural areas where the other two dont work at all. i think verizons overpriced, but they get service

We use verizon here and on most days, you might have a signal. Once you move a few miles from the house, you get good reception. Att & T-mobil are pretty dead out here. Text messages go through without a problem.

We have Verizon, finally got the bill down to a still crappy amount, but lots better than it was . . .DH has a phone, a NEW one and it is NOT a camera phone . . .couldn't believe it, and he HATES it. So, I am due for an upgrade, but am seriously considering dropping a line and getting him one of the Smart Phones. Everyone who has it LOVES it. The phones usually cost a little bit if you want a good one, but everything is FREE for $45 a month. So, going to go online and research how much I could cut back on minutes if I drop a line and see if its worth it. I got a thing in the mail from them yesterday and I can get $100 off any phone, but in the fine print it says its a "debit card" and I want to make sure its a "anywhere" type of debit card and not one you have to use just for Verizon things. These Smart Phones are Verizon, so he could talk to us and not use minutes, so it might be a win-win situation. I hate them, just something else to have to mess with.
roll.png

Quote:
We have Verizon as well due to the large coverage area and the fact that the rest of my family has it. Big the thing with Verizon is-WATCH YOUR BILL very closely-they love to throw in these obscure $100 charges here and there-very, very dishonest company, but they have a lot of us over a barrel due to their coverage area.

Have you tried updating your phone cell phone tower coverage info..... with Verizon you call customer service and press a certain option and it updates the info in your phone to pick up any new cell towers available..... we do it with all our phones every few months. I don't know if your company has that option but it would be worth calling them and telling them what your issue is.... sometimes something simple like that can make all the difference in the world.

I am answering this right now on my Droid incredible from Verizon service. Hands down they have the best nationwide coverage. We didn't pick Verizon, we had Alltel which got bought out by Verizon. I agree about watching the bill, sometimes they(all cell companies) can be pretty shady. Well anyway good luck.

Back
Top Bottom