What chick is this?

ericstac

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 11, 2010
Hey everyone :)

We have 25 chicks we are growing right now and we cannot figure out this odd one. Here is a list of what was ordered. It should be a cuckoo Maran but it doesn't look like the others... Maybe a cock? And the rest are hens?

Blue wyandottes
Gold sixlinks
Cuckoo Maran
White leghorns
Ameraucana
[/IMG][/IMG]

I guess it's possible it's an Easter egger. There should be 5 of each and all the EEs look the same which I have 5 of. This one is way different than all. The only reason I thought Maran is because that's the one I have four of and should have five.

Here is a pic with two of my EEs in the center together.

I agree that's an Easter egger, and likely a cockerel. Did you order from MMM and chose the free exotic? If so, that's your bird.

A cuckoo Marans will have a white head spot as a chick, that head spot is linked to the barred or cuckoo coloring on a black bird.

I agree that's an Easter egger, and likely a cockerel. Did you order from MMM and chose the free exotic? If so, that's your bird.

A cuckoo Marans will have a white head spot as a chick, that head spot is linked to the barred or cuckoo coloring on a black bird.

They are from Stromberg's and were all supposed to be hand picked pullets which is why it is confusing but mistakes do happen so its possible I got one less Maran and an extra Easter Egger.

I'd agree, Easter Egger. And a lovely chick at that!
How old are the chicks?

thanks!
They are three weeks old

Back
Top Bottom