What chicken breeds are best for holding/tame?

Pics
I have only 12 chickens of various breeds, 1 barred rock, flys onto my shoulder whenever I enter the coop and stays there even when feeding worms to the other gals. Whenever I sit down to visit with the girls, bella, an Americana crawls into my lap. And precious, a marans circles my feet til I finally pick her up and pet her. She loves it and won't stop til she gets her lovin. I think it all depends on how they were raised, and how much time you spend with them.
So sweet.

I have had many breeds. But I would have to say my specialty, D’Uccle’s have always been the sweetest.
You can snuggle them they will follow you around and they love to just be stroked! Now I can’t speak for each D’Uccle out there because all are different but they are sweet.
View attachment 1989212 View attachment 1989211
Silkie my cockerel falling asleep on my arm
I have had many breeds. But I would have to say my specialty, D’Uccle’s have always been the sweetest.
You can snuggle them they will follow you around and they love to just be stroked! Now I can’t speak for each D’Uccle out there because all are different but they are sweet.
View attachment 1989212 View attachment 1989211
Silkie my cockerel falling asleep on my arm
I have never heard of a D'Uccle....beautiful!!!

Back
Top Bottom