Naser

Crowing
9 Years
Oct 29, 2014
Ireland
There is a thread by Brahma Chicken5000 " what breeds do you dislike"

Let us see the other side of the coin

What Breeds do you Like?

For me I like white leghorns, They are prolific layers of big white eggs, they are good in avoiding predators, they are economical, unlike hybrids you can breed them, they don't get broody and they don't live for very long after they stop laying
On the negative side: They are pretty until they "dive in the dust bath", they aren't dual purpose and they are all white so I have to supplement the colour by crossing them with Ancona and buy a few coloured hybrids.
People find them flighty but that doesn't bother me
I live in Ireland, the commercially produced eggs are brown, so when you give somebody white eggs "and for me". It is a change.

Personally I enjoy Ameraucana chickens because there are many different breeding opportunities. They are also extremely beautiful and friendly birds with blue eggs.

Personally I enjoy Ameraucana chickens because there are many different breeding opportunities. They are also extremely beautiful and friendly birds with blue eggs.
I would love to have a black and white Ameraucana but they are not available to us

I have been working twords a more dual purpose bird with some mutts that I like.... oh don't get me wrong I have s few pure breeds that are wonderful, but most things available to me are hatchery quality so not much dual purpose there. I am working with white Plymouth rocks and Delaware, they are only 3 months give or take so I have s ways to find out what they will become

Back
Top Bottom