what color am i?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by pokey, Jan 23, 2011.

1. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    [​IMG] my under fEathering is blue.does that make me blue buff?

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I'd need to see the whole bird to say. . . It's obviously a cross of colors, but nothing can be truly said with just that photo.

3. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    [​IMG] I will have to go back to the grow out pen again for another pic of the "buff" but how about a guess on this one? I do have another shot of it .it gets more lacing on the chest, and barring on its back the older it gets.it also has a red stained look over the base color.

4. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    [​IMG] next to a white for comparison

5. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  6. Pyncheon guy

Pyncheon guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2010
    NW Michigan
    The two pullets that I could see were crossed variety colors...and not any recognizeable standard color.... You don't know their parents? Are you trying to make a new color or introduce these to a new breeding program....? They have a very interesting color and pattern.... It's hard to tell what may be in their background..... but nice back yard chickens

7. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    Not trying to make any colors,just trying to figure out what I have. I bought them from a breeder in an auction and I figured at the time it may have been some culls but I did get a few nice chicks.the buff has a small tuft so I may use her if I could find a roo, but what color would you use.? I see lots of araucana breeders who have pens of mixed colors together.I have bought from two on here and gotten mixed colored chicks, so I am not sure if its on purpose or not:confused:. But I do like them .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by