What color are my guineas??

Quote:
Yeah, that's the one I was the most confused about. There is actually one male and one female that look like that, and I know they aren't white! I have had whites (well pied actually, but they were lavender and white), and these birds are not white! But the more I look at them, the more I think they are all dundottes. Even the lighter ones have some darker patches on them. Thanks for cheating and checking out McMurrays!
big_smile.png

No problem and thank you! Whenever I am in doubt I try to look the birds up for comparrison!

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, those are two different birds. The one in pic 2 looks darker in the pic than in real life, not sure what that's all about. But I think that is the bachelor anyway, poor guy needs a girlfriend!

Quote:
Yeah, that's the one I was the most confused about. There is actually one male and one female that look like that, and I know they aren't white! I have had whites (well pied actually, but they were lavender and white), and these birds are not white! But the more I look at them, the more I think they are all dundottes. Even the lighter ones have some darker patches on them. Thanks for cheating and checking out McMurrays!
big_smile.png

No problem and thank you! Whenever I am in doubt I try to look the birds up for comparrison!

I had checked out all those sites that warcard listed, and I was still confused! But I have noticed even with those sites that they have varying colors of what they call dundotte. I know even my lighter birds have spots, as I have found some very light feathers with white spots on them laying around the yard.

Quote:

I had checked out all those sites that warcard listed, and I was still confused! But I have noticed even with those sites that they have varying colors of what they call dundotte. I know even my lighter birds have spots, as I have found some very light feathers with white spots on them laying around the yard.

Could the other ones be the lavender? Again checked McMurrays

Quote:

Could the other ones be the lavender? Again checked McMurrays

No they aren't lavender. I have had lavenders before, and these are nothing like that. The two lighter ones are probably either light colored dundottes or plain buffs, and the darker are dundottes. Now the one in pic #2 is darker than the others, but I still think it is a dundotte.

Shelley,

You sent 10 eggs, since you had just found the nest.

I think 7 out of 10 is a good hatch for shipped eggs, though.

One has a little splay, so I just taped that.

They do love that mashed boiled egg!

Back
Top Bottom