What color are these Americaunas?

kelsieann124

Chirping
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
I have never seen this coloring of Americaunas before! Does anyone know what color they might be considered?!

Where did you get them? Chances are they are Easter Eggers because they are continually labeled as Ameraucanas , in reality they are harder to find. Since there are such a wide varieties of EEs (they are practically mixes) you'll have wait till they are feathering.

I believe they are from Privet Hatchery, but I did ask if they were actual Americaunas, and not EE's and they said they were. So I'm not sure! But these were the only two in the bunch that were super light like this, so I just was wondering if anyone knew what color they might turn out as.

Usually if they are real Ameraucanas they will tell you what their coloring is
hmm.png
. I have an EE chick that looks a lot like your chick with the stripe down its back:

Well idk, the guy at the store who knows the most about them wasn't there, so they could be EE, I have no idea, nor do I mind all that much. I was just interested in the color.

Privett doesn't offer true Ameraucanas but they label their EEs as such and so the employee is just repeating their misinformation.

Anyway, it's always fun to see how they come out.

Well idk, the guy at the store who knows the most about them wasn't there, so they could be EE, I have no idea, nor do I mind all that much. I was just interested in the color.
The problem with EEs is they can literally turn out to look like anything. I can hardly wait for my own to feather completely to see what they will look like.

Back
Top Bottom