What Color Are These Silkies?

Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Crowing
12 Years
Apr 26, 2007
Fair Oaks, California
i hatched out some gorgeous silkies and showgirls from Angie's eggs. Two of the roos, one silkie and one showgirl, have an interesting color pattern. It almost looks like a partridge pattern, but different coloration. Would it be considered a dilute partridge? Or are they just an interesting mix?

diluteroos.jpg

Columbians are a recognized variety in a number of breeds, columbian plymouth rocks, columbians in cochins I think, Delawares are a rare barred columbian patterned bird, lots of breeds recognize the color because it's often showy and popular.

Light Brahmas are a columbian based breed.

Buff Brahmas are a columbian patterned buff breed.

From what I can see, the colour looks to be very good--I think you should work on them. I've occasionally hatched out almost columbian silkies, but the colouring was never anywhere nearly as good as yours seem to be
smile.png

So who knew, a whole different color of Silkie. The showgirl has more pure white, whereas the silkie has some yellowish across the top of the wings. But they are both gorgeous.

If i wanted to breed them to work on that coloring, what color silkie or showgirl would i breed them with? i have a fairly nice black silkie, some gorgeous whites, some pretty white showgirls, and also a young black showgirl their age with some grey spreckling across her breast (same batch of eggs as them). Oh, and i hatched out a pretty partridge silkie from some eggs i bought from Hattrick.

i'm very excited now to have these guys!

Back
Top Bottom