What color are white peacocks?

Dany12

Crowing
12 Years
Aug 20, 2011
Hungary
Blue pied X Blue pied = 50% Blue pied + 25% Dark Blue pied + 25 % White (◄ 1)
Bronze pied X Bronze pied = 50% Bronze pied + 25% Dark Bronze pied + 25 % White (◄ 2)

Now i want to get 100% Bronze pied !
Dark Bronze pied X White 1 .... What is the result ?
Some split Bronze ?

Another day i want to get 100% Blue silver pied !
Dark Blue silver pied :

dark silver pied 5.jpg

Dark Blue silver pied X White 1 ... What is the result ? ( ... only one gene White eyes).
Dark Blue silver pied X White 2 ... What is the result ? ( ... only one gene White eyes).

We probably get some Blue silver pied dark ( not dark silver pied) ! here is a spalding silver pied dark :

IMG_3343.JPG

It's a silver pied coming from the cross with only one Silver pied partner.
The definition of the silver pied pattern = just about all white eyes + silver color feathers.
There are 3 types of silver pied pattern.

1 - The traditional ... as in the 90s. All white + blue saddle + silver feathers.

silver-pied-peafowl-birds-pictures.jpg

2 - the same thing but more colorful.
3 - the Dalmatian Silver pied.

spalding silver pied.jpg

Wonderc hick22 ...
The albino peacock does not exist (with red eyes) ... I do not know why.
The white peacock is genetically one color but the white pattern makes it white, it can have blue or brown eyes but never red.(
)

Thanks KsKingBee ... and the answer at this question ...
'Now i want to get 100% Bronze pied !
Dark Bronze pied X White 1 .... What is the result ?
Some split Bronze ?'

Albino or Lutino birds have an inability to produce melanin. Leucistic is the term scientists would use for non-ino whites (or yellows, in the case of parrots). In these birds, it's not that they can't produce pigment, but rather that the pigment doesn't make it to the feather shafts. In mammals, there are also different whites -- some with pink skin and blue eyes, others with dark skin and dark eyes. The former would correspond (sorta) with ino mutations, while the latter would be white because pigment doesn't make it to the hair shafts.

The reason people are often quick to say that a white isn't an albino is because the chemical steps to producing melanin are shared with some other vital chemicals in the body, and if the "error" in the steps occur along the shared pathway, other deficiencies could exist which alter the animal's health. And this is where the idea that some albinos are "sickly" -- some very well may be. But being a "dark-eyed white" means the animal can produce pigment, but for whatever reason (shape or size of molecule) it doesn't end up in hair or feathers.

:)

Is silverpied an allele of the gene white ? ...
Or an interaction between alleles of the white gene?

So you see I have a B.S. - I.B. is that the correct classification of this bird or am I still missing something? How can I tell the difference in baby peas to know which one is a B.S. male

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom