What color eggs from this cross?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by bock, Sep 3, 2011.

1. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    I have a broody bantam hen right now (the first time we have all actually wanted a broody!) and was planning on giving her about 6 standard sized eggs. I have a Barred Rock rooster and a Old English game bantam/ BTW Japanese Bantam cross rooster who could be the father. I also have an OEG bantam, but he is lowest in the pecking order, so he doesn't get to "do the deed." Anywho, I have three EE's that are laying right now. I would LOVE to have more blue/green eggs, but I am not sure if I would just end up with more brown egg layers. If that was the case, I would rather have some better production genetics. What are the chances of their offspring laying blue/green eggs? Also, if the mother is a standard chicken, and the dad is a bantam, how big do the chickens get? Is the size of the chick determined by the size of the egg? Would the adult offspring be somewhere in between in size? Sorry for all the questions, I am just so curious about what we will get. Thanks for the help! [​IMG] I should be setting the eggs this evening.

2. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    Anyone? I really want to set the eggs soon. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by