What color eggs.

Oh, okay, i thought that they were saying the silkies gave the colored trait. I've never seen a silkie lay a brown egg though. Mine always were pale cream or white
They may have been!! I’m not sure! Haha and hug, interesting! I’m not sure then. I assumed by cream they meant very light brown :oops:

I think the first generation will lay pale blue eggs provided your Americana isn't carrying other egg colours (the silkie egg colour will lighten the blue and it may be slightly greener as well) but subsequent generations (if you were breeding the offspring together) would be hit and miss because they are carrying the cream coloured egg as well as the blue. You'd need to cross them back to a blue egg layer to guarantee the ability to lay blue eggs.

1598312498178.png

If your Americana is carrying other colours in the egg laying department, such as cream or white, their offspring may lay cream or white eggs. Apparently the pea comb is very closely linked to the blue egg laying gene, so if they have a pea comb it's very likely they will also have inherited the blue egg laying gene.

I think the first generation will lay pale blue eggs provided your Americana isn't carrying other egg colours (the silkie egg colour will lighten the blue and it may be slightly greener as well) but subsequent generations (if you were breeding the offspring together) would be hit and miss because they are carrying the cream coloured egg as well as the blue. You'd need to cross them back to a blue egg layer to guarantee the ability to lay blue eggs.

View attachment 2304710

If your Americana is carrying other colours in the egg laying department, such as cream or white, their offspring may lay cream or white eggs. Apparently the pea comb is very closely linked to the blue egg laying gene, so if they have a pea comb it's very likely they will also have inherited the blue egg laying gene.
Thank you for all of this!

Back
Top Bottom