What color Guinea Fowl are these?

MiddleAmerican

Songster
8 Years
Sep 2, 2015
Kansas
I have seven Guinea fowl, a little over four months old. They have been free ranging 24/7 (roosting in a tree at night) for over a month now, and are doing awesome. I know 3 of them are Pearl Grays, but I can't tell what the other 4 are. Royal Purple was my best guess, but they almost have a brownish tint to some of their feathers. What do you guys think?
[/IMG]

I have seven Guinea fowl, a little over four months old. They have been free ranging 24/7 (roosting in a tree at night) for over a month now, and are doing awesome. I know 3 of them are Pearl Grays, but I can't tell what the other 4 are. Royal Purple was my best guess, but they almost have a brownish tint to some of their feathers. What do you guys think?
[/URL]
It does appear that you have Pearl Grays and Royal Purples. We all see colors slightly different and what may look like a brownish tinge to you appears as a purplish tint to me. All of the colors do fade in the sunlight over the course of the summer. My coral blues are just now starting to molt and gain back their gorgeous blue color.

[/URL]
Welcome to BYC! Hope you don't mind mind if I ask the same question about mine!

-Kathy

I am assuming that their father is a white guinea. All of the keets look like they are pied pearl gray keets.

Here is a good site to check on guinea colors. The keet photos are at the bottom of the page.

http://guineas.com/colorchart/
Thanks! I think the father is white. So is the mother also pearl gray? Excuse my ignorance, I know nothing about guinea colors, lol.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom