What color is my Brahma roo

His feet r blue , as far as I know he was hatched from my friends Brahmas so I will clarify with her , attached pic of babies that just hatched this morning from him
Bottoms of your roosters feet are pink, which means white skin. If he was pure Brahma he'd be yellow skinned. A dark wash over the yellow would result in in green, or greenish legs with yellow bottoms.
Screenshot_20231029-132410_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231029-132425_Chrome.jpg

Couple Green/Yellow legged birds for comparison.
20221030_164213.jpg
20231011_133617.jpg

Last edited:
Bottoms of your roosters feet are pink, which means white skin. If he was pure Brahma he'd be yellow skinned. A dark wash over the yellow would result in in green, or greenish legs with yellow bottoms.
View attachment 3670822View attachment 3670823
Couple Green/Yellow legged birds for comparison.View attachment 3670824View attachment 3670825
Couple pics of him from today , I couldn’t catch him to look at the bottom of his feet but I’m between his toes are pink looks like hormones to me but I’m new to chickens n def don’t know everything

Attachments

• IMG_8885.jpeg
    IMG_8885.jpeg
    976.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8886.jpeg
    IMG_8886.jpeg
    941.3 KB · Views: 4
Couple pics of him from today , I couldn’t catch him to look at the bottom of his feet but I’m between his toes are pink looks like hormones to me but I’m new to chickens n def don’t know everything
Hormone coloration on feet of a yellow skinned bird won't lighten the legs that much. His shank color under the dark is white.

Hormone coloration on feet of a yellow skinned bird won't lighten the legs that much. His shank color under the dark is white.
Talked to girl I got him from , he is pure, his mother was a hen she had shipped in from Missouri from a color protect pen (she was dark Brahma, dad is red Pyle ) she also had dark legs . So he’s just not a normal color Brahmas but he is pure

Talked to girl I got him from , he is pure, his mother was a hen she had shipped in from Missouri from a color protect pen (she was dark Brahma, dad is red Pyle ) she also had dark legs . So he’s just not a normal color Brahmas but he is pure
Get pictures of the bottoms of his feet please? Also pictures of the parents would help.

Red Pyle X Dark wouldn't produce a leaky blue.
Screenshot_20231029-212055_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231029-212011_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Get pictures of the bottoms of his feet please? Also pictures of the parents would help.

Red Pyle X Dark wouldn't produce a leaky blue.
Sorry he’s red Pyle splash and blue/dark , like I said the hen was from a color project pen and colors can come from previous generations, as u can see one of the chicks I hatched is most likely a red Pyle. I don’t want to catch him right now cause he has new feathers comming in on his legs and feet are really sore , but when I watched him today the bottoms looked to be a pale yellow

Sorry he’s red Pyle splash and blue/dark , like I said the hen was from a color project pen and colors can come from previous generations, as u can see one of the chicks I hatched is most likely a red Pyle. I don’t want to catch him right now cause he has new feathers comming in on his legs and feet are really sore , but when I watched him today the bottoms looked to be a pale yellow
Splash, Pyle changes things then. There's a difference between the two Pyles.

I can confirm the color of his feet, if I can get better pictures(Bottoms), though I can see pretty well with those already available.
Just handle him gently.

I can confirm the color of his feet, if I can get better pictures(Bottoms), though I can see pretty well with those already available.
Just handle him gently.
I’m at work till 5 am so will try to get pics when I feed in the morning

Just handle him gently.
These r my Roos parents , just got them sent over by my friend

Attachments

• IMG_8890.png
    IMG_8890.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8891.png
    IMG_8891.png
    2 MB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom