What color is my Brahma roo

brittanivff

In the Brooder
Oct 28, 2023
Hello I’m starting a breeding pen with my Brahmas , was wondering what my Roos color would be considered ? If he is pure or mixed colors

Attachments

• IMG_8551.jpeg
    IMG_8551.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_8539.jpeg
    IMG_8539.jpeg
    786 KB · Views: 12
Splash???
I’ve looked at so many pics online and cannot find anything that looks like him lol. I have him with two silver partridge hens and a buff (not breeding age yet) n have three hatching in my incubator now as a test hatch to see what the babies will look like

I’ve looked at so many pics online and cannot find anything that looks like him lol. I have him with two silver partridge hens and a buff (not breeding age yet) n have three hatching in my incubator now as a test hatch to see what the babies will look like
Sounds good, maybe @MysteryChicken can help you?

Not pure Brahma. He's got white/slate shanks. Brahma have yellow shanks.

Color is either a Gold/Silver Split leaky blue, or is a Gold/Silver Split Blue Birchen.

I was looking at the comb as well as the feathering as well. It could be a blue or splash Cochin.
It's not. Comb is a modified Pea Comb, not single combed.
It's probably a Marans/Brahma cross, based the the body shape, leakage, & Pink feet.

He's blue, but not fully blue due to the color leakage. Also not Splash.

It's not. Comb is a modified Pea Comb, not single combed.
It's probably a Marans/Brahma cross, based the the body shape, leakage, & Pink feet.

He's blue, but not fully blue due to the color leakage. Also not Splash.
His feet r blue , as far as I know he was hatched from my friends Brahmas so I will clarify with her , attached pic of babies that just hatched this morning from him

Attachments

• IMG_8878.jpeg
    IMG_8878.jpeg
    397.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8880.jpeg
    IMG_8880.jpeg
    429.9 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom