Dark Brahma?

Shall23

In the Brooder
Feb 25, 2024
Hey I’m super new to chicken, these are my first! I love them all so much! We got this girl out of the light Brahma bin but she has a lot of dark on her compared to the light Brahma chicks I have looked up. And she doesn’t look like a buff Brahma. what would you consider her?

Attachments

• IMG_8826.jpeg
    IMG_8826.jpeg
    424.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8839.jpeg
    IMG_8839.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 9
Hey I’m super new to chicken, these are my first! I love them all so much! We got this girl out of the light Brahma bin but she has a lot of dark on her compared to the light Brahma chicks I have looked up. And she doesn’t look like a buff Brahma. what would you consider her?
I think she is probably a Light Brahma.

Dark vs. Light is based on what color the feathers are when they grow up, not what color the chick down is. I've seen some Light Brahma chicks that had very dark down when they were young, but the feathers grew in the correct color.

Your chick appears to be growing the correct color feathers for a Light Brahma.

I think she is probably a Light Brahma.

Dark vs. Light is based on what color the feathers are when they grow up, not what color the chick down is. I've seen some Light Brahma chicks that had very dark down when they were young, but the feathers grew in the correct color.

Your chick appears to be growing the correct color feathers for a Light Brahma.
Awesome thank you for the information!

I believe light. Here are my darks at a few days old. The lights have a bit lighter face.
30A8752B-F26B-49F7-9462-B2353B679A79.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom